The initiative is called the Small Business Digital Grants Program.
These are matching grants of up to $10,000.00 (plus GST where applicable), meaning that - if eligible - your business could receive up to $22K (including GST) worth of systems and services at a cost of only $11 grand.
Up to 20% of your own contribution can even be made as in-kind effort for your personal time in being trained to use new technologies.
According to the SBDGP web page, the digital technology or services must fall under one of five areas:
- Digital marketing & social media
- Digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media etc)
- Receiving payments or selling online
- Specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- Digital planning and advice/training
|Queensland Government Grants and Creative Intersection can help your business get "digital"|
This means that if you have a small business with less than 20 employees, with an ABN, and are headquartered in Queensland you could get a leg-up from the government for something like:
- A website for your business
- A private mobile app or website for your workers to perform their jobs better (e.g. a timesheeting or safety checklist app)
- An online store
- Adding the ability for your existing clients to pay their bills online through your website
- Setting up and maintaining a social media page/feed (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, SnapChat, etc)
- Training or consultancy for yourself or your staff to learn how to use technology better for your business
The current funding round closes on 9th December 2016, so if you're interested in improving your business and paying a lot less than you usually would, give us a shout and also check out the SBDGP web page.